Sunday 22 September 2013

PHYSICAL OR SEDENTARY?

           I believe that I am a person that fits into the Physical section, as I am always yearning to do some physical work when I found myself in sedentary situations. Much like what Kate Braid described in her composition "A Plea for the Physical" I learned to love physical labor through an experience I had in my younger years. Many people in today's society are too enclosed in their bubble and are scared to even touch a stranger for a half a second. Our society needs to connect with nature more and experience the life of our previous ancestors that once lived only a few hundred years ago. I choose to live the physical way of life because I know its the healthier, more balanced lifestyle that also helps me connect with the world and in a way bond with nature.

1 comment:

  1. yes, I hear you. I also feel like I am a physical person but am trapped in a sedentary job! Too bad I love English! I should have been a PE teacher perhaps? I agree with you that we need to get outdoors much and be more connected with our community. Research does prove that an active and balanced lifestyle is healthier mentally and physically. I'm hoping we can all find a balance.

    ReplyDelete